Approximately 1,850 students (PK-12)
One Early Learning Center, PK-1 (beginning Fall 2018)
One Intermediate School, 2-5 (beginning Fall 2018)
One Middle School 6-8
One High School, 9-12
The Danville Independent Board of Education is seeking a dynamic education and administrative leader with proven educational experience to meet the challenges and needs of this position. The successful candidate will demonstrate a vision to guide the district in achieving high academic performance, which is consistent with the Kentucky Education System, and rich, rigorous programming for all students at each grade level, along with the commitment and communications skills to develop a positive program to inspire staff, students, administrators, families and the community.
We desire an energetic leader who will:
- Promote a supportive learning environment through demonstrated cultural proficiency and an appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness;
- Cultivate a strong balance between student achievement expectations and a continued focus on innovation;
- Develop long range strategic plans that are visionary, achievable, and inclusive of all stakeholders;
- Facilitate fiscally responsible use of revenues that reflects the diverse needs of a school district and that promotes educational excellence; and
- Provide strong educational leadership, nurture leadership skills among administrative teams, and maintain a cooperative, respectful, and productive working relationship with all stakeholders.
The Danville Independent School District is a District of Innovation located in Boyle County in central Kentucky. Danville Kentucky, known as “The City of Firsts,” is also home to Centre College, a nationally recognized liberal arts college.
Kentucky superintendent certification is required. A competitive salary will be offered for a July 1, 2018, contract start.
Application deadline: April 1, 2018
To apply, click here.