School Energy Managers Project (SEMP) /
Local Facilities Planning (LPC) Services
KSBA’s School Energy Managers Project (SEMP) provides assistance to Kentucky school districts:
• Compliance assistance with statutory and board requirements;
• Training for school energy managers;
• Tracking energy usage;
• Consolidating and reporting statewide energy data to the General Assembly and the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet
• Developing and implementing energy management plans;
• Analytical and technical support; and
• Collaborating with the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, utility companies and other stake holders to work on energy saving activities.
KSBA's Local Facilities Planning (LPC) service is designed to assist school district to meet their state-mandated updates of long-range plans for building, renovating and/or replacing all of the facilities belonging to the system from school buildings to support service structures like bus garages and the central office.
KSBA LPC facilitators help
- meet the specific requirements of the Kentucky Department of Education
- assist in development of a planning timeline
- collect research information as requested
- provide ideas to resolve stalemates
- plan and/or facilitate theLPC’s public forums
- and much more.