The Kentucky School Boards Association advocacy efforts focus on the various committees, boards and organizations that deal with elementary and secondary educationin the Commonwealth, including legislative committees, the Kentucky Board of Education and the state Department of Education. Areas of interest include:
- The responsibilities and duties of local boards of education.
- State support of education, including funding.
- Operation of school districts.
- College and career readiness.
- Pupil transportation.
- School property and buildings.
- Teachers' qualifications, certification and retirement.
- Technical education.
On the federal level, the National School Boards Association (NSBA) leads our advocacy efforts in Washington, D.C. NSBA is a source for information and guidance as we work with our congressional delegation and the U.S. Department of Education to advance student success.