More than 1,100 people are heading for the Galt House Hotels and Conference Center in Louisville Friday through Sunday for the 2013 KSBA Annual Conference. That includes more than 900 of the state’s school board members and superintendents.
Participants have access to 40 75-minute workshops, five three-hour pre-conference seminars (Friday morning) and four general sessions. Here are some highlights:
Friday 1-3 p.m. Opening General Session
· Remarks by KSBA President Tom Blankenship of Lincoln County
· Keynote address by Dr. Dale Henry, educator, entertainer and entrepreneur
· Presentation of KSBA Friend of Education Award
· Presentation of F. L. Dupree Outstanding Superintendent Award
Saturday 9:30-10:45 a.m. Plenary Session
· Keynote address by Wes Moore, Afghanistan war veteran, Rhodes Scholar, White House fellow
· Extra time set aside for visits with dozens of conference exhibitors before luncheon session
Saturday 11:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Luncheon Session
· Presentation of KSBA First Degree College Scholarships to two students
· Presentation of Warren Proudfoot Outstanding School Board Member Award
· Remarks by Education Commissioner Terry Holliday
· Remarks by KSBA Executive Director Bill Scott
Saturday 4:30 – 5:15 p.m. Annual Business Session
· Election of president elect and four directors-at-large to KSBA Board of Directors
Sunday 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Closing General Session
· Remarks by NSBA President Ed Massey of Boone County
· Remarks by incoming KSBA President Durward Narramore of Jenkins Independent
· Keynote address by Roger Crawford, National Speaker’s Hall of Fame, subject of film
Online registration wraps up tomorrow (Wednesday) here http://www.ksba.org/protected/EventView.aspx?id=7G32BPA2.
Be sure to check your registration materials for Saturday luncheon and Sunday brunch notations – dot stickers -- on name badges. Important note: Extra meal tickets may be ordered at conference registration desk Friday afternoon.