A new coalition of Kentucky’s largest elementary and secondary education organizations will be announced and the group will release data on school funding in Kentucky during a news conference in the Capitol Rotunda in Frankfort at 11 a.m. ET, Wednesday, Jan. 4.
The news conference will feature speakers from the seven groups that have formed the Kentucky Education Action Team (KEAT):
· Kentucky Association of School Administrators
· Kentucky Association of School Councils
· Kentucky Association of School Superintendents
· Kentucky Education Association
· Kentucky Parent Teacher Association
· Kentucky School Boards Association
· Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence.
At the news conference, KEAT will release data on reductions in state support for critical student learning programs since 2008.
KSBA and KASS will e-mail the press conference news release and attached documents to all members on Wednesday.