NSBA has added an 11thKentucky presentation to the agenda for next year’s national conference April 21-23 in Boston.
Members of KSBA’s policy team will be presenting a 75-minute workshop entitled “21stCentury Board Meetings” at a date and time as yet not set. The session will focus on how Kentucky school boards are using KSBA’s electronic, paperless board meeting agenda service, eMeeting, to manage their meetings and meeting content.
Previously, NSBA had announced the following Kentucky presentations selected from more than 400 submissions for 166 workshop slots:
- Boone County Schools – Formula for the Future: How One District Transformed Math Education Ensuring All Students Are Ready for College and Career
- Jefferson County Schools – Testing! Testing! 1-2-3
- Jefferson County Schools – Technology Integration: Beyond the How!
- Mason County Schools – World Class Customer Service: Is It Possible In Public Schools?
- Taylor County Schools – Implementation and Strategies Needed for a Performance-based Education School District
- Union County Schools – Superintendent and Board Relationships: Partnering to Create Dramatic Improvement in Student Achievement
- Kentucky School Boards Association – Common Core Standards: Local Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Kentucky School Boards Association – From the Court to the Courts: Safety and Liability Issues in Athletics
- Kentucky School Boards Association – Socially Speaking: Using Facebook and Twitter to Spread the Good News about your Schools
- Kentucky School Boards Association – When Pigs Fly: Building Athletics-like Community Support for Academics
Housing registration for the 2012 NSBA conference opens Nov. 1. For more information on conference and hotel reservations, click here http://annualconference.nsba.org/ac2012/public/enter.aspx.