Mark your calendars for KSBA Fall Regional Meetings late September - early November
Seven weeks and counting until the start of KSBA’s annual series of Fall Regional Meetings. While the specific locations of each session are being finalized, here are the dates and host districts:
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 Upper Kentucky River Region, Hazard Independent
- Thursday, Sept. 22 Central Kentucky Region, Woodford County
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 Middle Cumberland Region, Casey County
- Monday, Oct. 3 First Region, Hickman County
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 Second Region, Owensboro Independent
- Thursday, Oct. 6 Northern Kentucky Region, Gallatin County
- Thursday, Oct. 13 Fourth Region, Cloverport Independent
- Thursday, Oct. 20 Fifth Region, Trimble County
- Monday, Oct. 24 Upper Cumberland Region, Pikeville Independent
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 Third Region, Warren County
- Monday, Oct. 31 Eastern Kentucky South Region, Floyd County
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 Eastern Kentucky North Region, Menifee County
This year’s KSBA program will continue the theme of the responsibilities of school board members and superintendents in raising the percentages of local high school graduates who are able to demonstrate the ability to do college level studies and/or who possess the skills to compete for a job in the workplace. The training — which earns professional development hours required under Kentucky law for school board members — will include video comments by two members of the Kentucky Board of Education and a peek at a new board/superintendent team training course created by KSBA on the college/career readiness area.
Elections of new regional chairpersons will take place in the Middle Cumberland, Second, Northern Kentucky, Fourth, Upper Cumberland and Eastern Kentucky South regions. Information on the nomination process is in the mail to all board members in those regions.
Look for additional information in the mail and on the KSBA website KSBA (in the Featured Events section) in the coming weeks.