This November's election day will have more than 400 Kentucky school board seats on the ballots, and with barely 60 days before the filing deadline, it's time for incumbents and candidates to start thinking about the filing requirements of Kentucky law.
Each election year, KSBA puts together updated information regarding the election process and related issues for school leaders and board members. Since 2010, KSBA has made this material available on the Web and found this to be most convenient for our membership.
Among the materials in this year's online resources are:
· Filing for Candidacy Letter
· Frequently Asked Questions
· Summary Election Finance Law Requirements for School Board Candidates
· Responsibilities of Candidates for School Boards for Complying with Campaign Finance Law
· Affidavit for School Board Candidacy and Membership
· Memo: Independent School District Elections
· Summary of Conflicts of Interest for Board Members
· Memo: 2014 Conflict Rule Regarding Special-Purpose Governmental Entities
· Information Sheet Regarding the Oaths of Office
· Statutory Oath for Board of Education Members
· Constitutional Oath for Board Member
· What Every Kentucky School Board Candidate Should Know
You may access these materials by clicking here or by visiting the “Legal Training and Services” tab at the top of our home page, and then go to the left side under “Legal Training Services” and look for “Election Packet 2014.”
We hope that this will allow easy access to the important election materials.
If you have questions on this subject please do not hesitate to contact John Fogle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-372-2962 ext. 1112.