Call for proposals for 75-minute workshops at KSBA Summer Leadership Institute in Lexington; must relate to the role of school board members
KSBA is accepting proposals for a few high-quality breakout sessions for the 2017 KSBA Summer Leadership Institute July 7-8. The 75-minute workshops will be offered on Saturday, July 8, at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington.
The proposal form is attached below and must be submitted by May 5. Online submission will begin later this week on the KSBA website at www.ksba.org. The lead presenters of proposals will be notified of their selection status by email no later than May 19.
The purpose of these sessions is for presenters to share their experience, information, knowledge or research about successful programs in their district or topics of critical importance to board members and education leaders.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
* Relate to local school board member and/or team roles, responsibilities and perspectives.
* Reflect the core work, actions and styles of effective school boards.
* Identify what the participants will know and be able to do as a result of their attendance at the session.
* Support the topic with appropriate research.
* Provide clear intent, description, design and learning objectives for the session.
* Include participant involvement such as interactive discussions, learning activities and exercises.
* Demonstrate innovation and creativity in presentation content.
* Include the involvement of at least one school board member.
As this conference is a noncommercial forum, KSBA will not accept proposals for sessions designed to sell a product or service submitted under the guise of professional development. Companies submitting workshop proposals must indicate their intention to exhibit or sponsor the Institute.
For more information, please contact Kerri Schelling email@example.com or Tammie Conatser firstname.lastname@example.org.