KSBA President Allen E. Kennedy has appointed a committee of our association's board of directors to consider nominees to fill four (4) director-at-large seats on the board (for a three-year term). The ratification will take place during the annual conference business session Saturday, February 27, 2016 in Louisville.
The four seats are occupied by:
- Larry Dodson, Oldham County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term;
- Dianne Mackey, Daviess County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term;
- Ramona Malone, Newport Ind., who is eligible to serve a three-year term; and
- James See, Lawrence County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
In keeping with the association’s bylaws, any Kentucky school board member may place his or her name before the committee by completing and submitting the enclosed Nomination Form by Nov. 13. The Nomination Form for KSBA Board of Directors (Directors-at-large) may also be requested by contacting Kathy.Amburgey@ksba.org or 502.783.0078, or by visiting our website at www.KSBA.org. You may return the nomination form via mail, fax or email per the instructions on the form. The selection committee will make its recommendations based on the information in the nomination form.
· No local board member would be eligible for election to the Board of Directors for a term that would coincide with the term of another member of that same school board already serving on the association's board.
· A candidate for the office of Director-at-large must be eligible to serve in that new office at the time the candidate places her or his name in nomination.
· The committee will report back to the membership with its recommendations in January. The recommendations shall also be submitted to the membership for ratification at the annual business meeting on Saturday, February 27, 2016.
· Each nominee chosen by the selection committee will be provided an opportunity to make up to a three-minute acceptance speech at the business meeting.