KSBA members will choose a new president-elect and four members for director-at-large seats on the association board of directors during the 2017 annual conference business session.
But to be considered for any of these posts, you must put your name in the hat this fall.
Members in six of the association’s 12 regions also will choose a new representative to the KSBA Board at their Fall Regional Meetings.
Information and forms have been mailed to all members in those regions: First, Third, Fifth, Central Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky North and Upper Kentucky River. To locate your board’s region, click here http://www.ksba.org/KSBASchoolDistrictsbyRegion.aspx.
Interested candidates should contact the current regional chairperson. http://www.ksba.org/KSBARegionsbyBoardMembership.aspx
You must submit your candidacy form no later than 15 days prior to the date of your regional meeting. Meeting schedule here: http://ksba.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=6GIYG2B&dasi=3G32
Under KSBA bylaws, any current Kentucky school board member who also will be serving on a local board in 2017 is eligible to run for a three-year term as director-at-large with the following exceptions:
- No member of the association board may be simultaneously a candidate for more than one office in the same election.
- No local member would be eligible for a KSBA board position simultaneous with that of another member of the same local board already serving on the association board.
Also per the bylaws, candidates for the post of president-elect must be a member of the board of directors at the time of his/her nomination. The president-elect serves for two years and automatically becomes president of the association for two years and then immediate past president for two years, assuming the individual continues to hold a local board seat.
KSBA President Allen E. Kennedy has appointed a committee of the association's board of directors to consider nominees for the positions. Ratification of the committee’s selections will take place during the KSBA annual conference business session Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 in Louisville.
The four director-at-large seats currently are occupied by:
- William Owens, Lee County, who is completing his eligibility.
- Ronnie Holmes, Graves County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term. He was previously appointed to fill an unexpired term.
- Jeff Stumbo, Floyd County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term. He was previously appointed to fill an unexpired term.
- A vacant seat due to a previously announced resignation. Nominee also would serve a three-year term.
Candidates may place their name before the committee by completing and submitting the form (click on attachment below) by Nov. 15. The form may be returned via mail, fax or email per the instructions on the form.
If you have any questions about the selection process or about service on our board of directors, please feel free to contact KSBA Executive Director Mike Armstrong or Kathy Amburgey or Brad Hughes at 1-800-372-2962.