Registration for this event is now closed. You may register on-site if you still wish to come. Please let Jolene Shearer know if you are registering more than one person on-site.
The Kentucky School Boards Association and the Kentucky Department for Community Based Services are teaming up to bring you critical information about assisting children you suspect are being abused or neglected.
What you need to know about your obligations regarding child abuse, neglect and dependency In this workshop participants will be actively engaged in exploring and examining:
• The criteria that need to be met for a child protective services report to be investigated
• Who is required to report child abuse, neglect and dependency
• Physical and behavioral indicators of abuse and neglect
• Confidentiality and the person making the report
• Who can receive information
• Sharing information with the Schools
• Indicators for reporting child abuse, neglect and dependency
• DCBS and public schools: A new day for communities
• How DCBS can keep schools apprised of active investigations
• Community Based Behavioral Services: A new system of care
• Childhood trauma
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Pricing (per organization):
First three people registered—$140 per person*
Fourth- plus people registered—$100 per person
* Please note that all online registrations will be at the $140 registration fee. Pricing will be adjusted after the conference and will be correct on the invoices.
Please notify us at least 10 days prior to the date of the activity if you need special arrangements due to a disabling condition or food allergy. If you have any questions, please contact Jolene Shearer at the Kentucky School Boards Association, 1-800-372-2962, ext. 1107 or email@example.com.
Lunch will be provided and is included in the registration price.
Marriott Griffin Gate Resort
1800 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
Teresa T. Combs
Director of Legal and Administrative Training Services
Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Community Based Services