Click here to register!
Do you understand your legal responsibilities to address bullying and harassment in your schools?
Both federal and Kentucky law outline specific procedures for addressing and documenting complaints of harassment and bullying. Does your staff understand actions they must take and how to document when such complaints are made?
• Responsibilities when conduct violates both Federal harassment/discrimination law and Kentucky Bullying law.
- Federal protected areas – harassment
- State criminal reporting (bullying) law
• Policy and procedure implementation
- Employee reports of criminal activity
- Child abuse reporting
- Bullying/hazing of students
- Assault and threats of violence
- Disrupting the educational process
- Harassment/discrimination of/by students
- Student discipline code
• Identifying and involving others in bullying prevention
Registration: 8 am
Session: 8:30 am – 4 pm
Please notify us at least 10 days prior to the date of the activity if you need special arrangements due to a disabling condition or food allergy. If you have any questions, please contact Jolene Shearer at the Kentucky School Boards Association, 1-800-372-2962, ext. 1107 or email@example.com.
No cancellations allowed, but substitutions may be made.
Marriott Griffin Gate Hotel
1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
We have rooms blocked at a special rate of $140 for this event. Ask for the “KSBA Conference – KY School Boards Association” to receive this rate. You may also call the Passkey reservation line at 877-901-6632. The deadline is Oct. 23.
Online reservation link:
Teresa T. Combs
KSBA Director of Legal and Administrative Training
KSBA Policy Staff
Special Guest Presenter
Director, Kentucky Center for School Safety