Registration for this training is now closed. You may register on-site if you still wish to attend. Please let Jolene Shearer know if you will be registering more than one person on-site so that we may provide materials to everyone.
This is a make-up training date for the conference held on March 21, 2016 that closed due to space restriction.
Provisions in the new Every Student Succeeds Act
Kentucky SB 200 (Juvenile Justice Reform)
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998
The National School Lunch Act of 1994
· Are tapes of two students fighting protected under FERPA?
· Can you release education records to a FAIR (Family Accountability Intervention Review) team without parent consent?
· When can education records be released to state social workers?
· Are voice recordings protected under FERPA?
· Which student surveys require parent consent to administer?
· Which records cannot be designated as directory information by the school board?
Join us for a five-hour, in-depth training. We will cover the numerous policies and procedures districts must have in place to comply with various federal and state laws about student records confidentiality, as well as court cases and Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO) opinions.
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
No cancellations allowed after April 12, but substitutions may be made.
Lunch and beverages provided on site and are included in the registration price.
Five hours of EILA and board member credit are available.
If you have questions, please contact Jolene Shearer at the Kentucky School Boards Association, 800-372-2962, ext. 1107 or email@example.com
Please submit a purchase order number or payment no later than May 3.
Please notify us at least 10 days prior to the date of the activity if you need special arrangements due to a disabling condition or food allergy.
1801 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
Teresa T. Combs
Director of Legal and Administrative Training Services
KSBA Policy Staff