The Kentucky Continuous Improvement Summit: Focusing on Best Practice, a professional gathering co-sponsored by the Kentucky Department of Education and AdvancED Kentucky, is scheduled for Sept. 30 at the Marriott East Hotel in Louisville.
• receive help to build school and district capacity to effectively plan and implement improvement initiatives targeting student achievement and the conditions that support learning.
• learn from Kentucky school and system leaders who have been successful in improving teaching and learning conditions and student performance results during the past year based on the TELL Kentucky survey.
• find out about specific strategies and approaches implemented in Kentucky schools that have been effective in improving student performance. Best Practice sessions will be led by school and system educators who are also being recognized for designing and implementing proven approaches that have significantly improved performance and/or learning conditions.
• receive guidance in using recently updated ASSIST tools to create, manage and evaluate all phases of school and system improvement planning.
• gain support for using ASSIST to maintain or achieve initial accreditation through AdvancED/SACS.