East Bernstadt, Pike County, Webster County, West Point members join state association board
As a result of elections at this year’s KSBA fall regional meetings, two local board members will complete unexpired terms and four new regional directors have begun their terms on the association’s board of directors.
At the six regions with elections this year, participating board members elected:
- Gene Allen of East Bernstadt Independent as the new regional director for the Upper Cumberland Region
- Frank McGuire of Pike County as the new regional director of the Eastern Kentucky South Region
- Dr. E. Carolyn Tucker as the new regional director for the Second Region
- Jo Annette Sabol of West Point Independent as the new regional director of the Fourth Region
- Becky Burgett of Gallatin County to complete the term as regional director for the Northern Kentucky Region
- Dr. Michael Turner of Casey County to complete the term as regional director for the Middle Cumberland Region
Meanwhile, the nominating committee of the KSBA board has recommended a slate of candidates for election to director-at-large posts in the elections at the 2012 annual conference.
The committee, chaired by Immediate Past President Delmar Mahan of Whitley County, with members Dennis Smith of Hazard, Phyllis Lawson of Menifee County, Fern Reed of Montgomery County and David Webster of Simpson County, considered the self-nominations of 10 candidates and made the following recommendations:
- Jeff Eaton, Allen County, an incumbent who is eligible to serve a three-year term
- Linda Duncan, Jefferson County, an incumbent who is eligible to serve a three-year term
- Eugene Peel, Jessamine County, an incumbent who is eligible to serve a three-year term
- Dr. Catina Hasty, Rockcastle County, an incumbent who is eligible to serve a three-year term (she was previously appointed to fill an unexpired term)
- Eddie Cornett, Paintsville Independent, an incumbent who is eligible to serve a one-year term (he was previously appointed to fill an unexpired term).
Under the association’s bylaws, other local school board members may be nominated by their boards of education and be placed on the ballot for the election, held during next February’s annual conference business meeting .
A completed nomination form plus a letter detailing the local board’s nomination action must be received no later than Dec. 30. KSBA will provide members with a list of all eligible director-at-large nominees by the first week of January.The nomination form may be requested by contacting Kathy Amburgey at Kathy.Amburgey@ksba.org or 502-783-0078.