Online registration now up and running
Superintendents and school board members – especially those needing a few more hours to meet their 2011 training requirements – will have an interesting selection of learning opportunities to choose from at this year’s KSBA Winter Symposium, which will have a special focus on finance and facilities.
The Friday (all day) and Saturday (through noon) sessions will be Dec. 9-10 at the Downtown Louisville Marriott. Twenty-two sessions will cover these areas of local education leadership:
- New data tools to improve education
- Reducing facilities’ maintenance costs
- School board member responsibilities
- Intelligent energy decisions
- College and career readiness interventions
- Managing employee relations
- Planning that can lessen liability issues
- School finance – intermediate and advanced sessions
- Workers compensation costs, claims and corrections
- Standards for school board – good and not-so-good behaviors
- Update on Kentucky’s Open Meetings Act for board meetings
- Advanced news media interviews for leaders
- Effective management of facility resources
- Board meetings and parliamentary procedure
- SEMP (School Energy Managers Project) and how districts are cutting costs
- A preview of the 2012 Kentucky General Assembly and education issues
- New board member basics, including an “Intro to KSBA Services”
Keynote speakers will be Deborah Moore, publisher ofSchool Planning and Managementmagazine, on national trends of school design, and utility executive and Simpson County school board member Greg Coker with the message, “Building Cathedrals: The Power of Purpose.”
An agenda and registration flyer is winging its way to all board members and superintendents via snail mail, but you can register online now. Registration is $195 per person and plus $15 for lunch on Friday. A block of rooms at a discounted rate is available through Nov.17 at the Marriott at 800-533-0127.
To register online, click here
For more information, contact Kerri Schelling firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammie Conatser Tammie.email@example.com at 800-372-2962.