Gearing up for KSBA Summer Leadership Institute July 8-9 in Lexington
Registration for KSBA’s Summer Leadership Institute is nearing the 200 mark, and this Thursday, June 23, is the deadline to ensure your hotel reservations for the conference rate at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington.
Lodging at $125 per night can be booked by calling the hotel at 1-800-266-9432. Be sure to mention KSBA to get the rate.
The conference opens Friday, July 8 at 7 p.m. with presentations by Education Commissioner Terry Holliday, KSBA Executive Director Bill Scott and a team of Department of Education staff and consultants on the state’s college and career readiness push and the roles and responsibilities of local district leaders.
On Saturday, author, consultant and motivational speaker Garrison Wynn from Houston will talk on building successful and effective leadership relationships.
Note: The three-hour Saturday afternoon workshop, The 21st Century School Board Member, is now full and no more registrations can be made. However, the seminar will be offered again in February as part of the KSBA annual conference.
SLI participants then have a series of selections for clinic sessions on topical issues including:
- Washington Update: Funding and Other Issues
- Innovative Pathways to Graduation
- From the Court to the Courts: Safety & Liability Issues in Athletics
- Bridging the Gap – Energy Technology to Operational Savings
- The 2011 TELL Kentucky Survey: Using Your Data for School Improvement Planning
- Turning Around Low-Performing Schools
- Instructional Supports – Program Reviews
- Alternative Education Best Practices
- Critical Role of the Superintendent and Board in School Improvement
- Support for Effective Schools and Districts
- Energy Management Plan – What Your Board Policy Requires by Oct. 1
- Alternative Programming for the 21st Century
- Finance II: Dollars and Sense
For more information, contact Kerri Schelling email@example.com or Tammie Conatser firstname.lastname@example.org at KSBA at 800-372-2962.