Entries now being accepted in 2011 OASIS school communications professional development program
KSBA and the Kentucky School Public Relations Association are now accepting entries in the 15th annual OASIS (Outstanding Acheivement in School Information Services) Professional Development Program.
The program, open to all Kentucky public school districts, provides an opportunity for school communications programs and products to be reviewed and critiqued by a panel of peer judges. Top-scoring entries receive recognition at the annual KYSPRA Professional Development Conference in September in Lexington.
The 2011 OASIS program will accept submissions in the following categories:
1. Annual reports/district report cards
4. Internal Publications
5. External publications – One to two colors
6. External publications – Full color
7. Tabloid (newsprint) publications
8. One-time publications – (any nonrecurring publication)
9. Miscellaneous printed materials (not covered by other categories)
10. Feature article (published in district publication or online)
11. Feature release (for news media use)
12. News article (published in district publication or online)
13. News release (for news media use)
14. Commentary writing
15. Publication writing
16. Writing for the Web
17. Feature Photography
18. News/Sports Photography
19. Photo essays
20. Videos – Program-length programs produced for broadcast or cable
21. Videos – In-school programs and training videos produced for in-house use
22. Videos – PSAs and short subject informational videos for broadcast/cable
23. Annual reports or district report cards
24. Internet websites
25. Electronic newsletter
26. Miscellaneous electronic communications product/program (not covered by other categories)
27. Special events (single or series of events)
28. Community engagement programs (single product or multi-element program)
29. Academic achievement promotions (single product or multi-element program)
30. Miscellaneous public awareness programs (not covered by other categories)
Additionally, KSBA will honor four districts that earn the special “Sweepstakes Awards” for the top scores of multiple entries in specified category groups.
The entry deadline is May 15.
For more information, see the attached Call for Entries above or contact Brad Hughes email@example.com at 800-372-2962.
Attachments Available To Download: