This 76th KSBA annual conference is history, and a successful addition to three-quarters of a century of annual sessions, if feedback from our members is any indication.
Special thanks to the hundreds of board members, superintendents and district staff whose contributions were shown throughout the conference in the workshops, the student banners and musicians and especially the networking that took place in the ballrooms, the hallways, the exhibit rooms, or at clinics and general sessions as attendees waited for the event to start.
KSBA staff are culling through the stacks of evaluations of sessions, speakers, venues, meals, room temperature and other aspects of a conference involving more than 1,000 people. A special drawing of completed-and-returned evaluation forms resulted in the selection of Daviess County board member Randy KingandRussell Independent board member JohnJones to receive $100 gift cards to any Kentucky State Park.
In the not-too-distant future, staff will begin working on plans for the 2013 KSBA conference. If you’re interested in being part of that process by volunteering to serve on the conference planning committee, please contact Kerri Schelling, director of board team development (email@example.com) at 800-372-2962.
In the meantime, here is a quick look ahead to KSBA meetings and training events in the coming months:Information and registration opportunities for the first three are available now on the KSBA website’s Calendar of Events. Look for information on the Coordinated School Health Conference and the Summer Leadership Institute in the spring.
* Kids First Advocacy Day at the Capitol (and legislative reception) Feb. 22 -23
* Bullying Prevention Conference, March 19, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond
* Federal and State Law Update Seminar, May 10-11, Marriott Griffin Gate, Lexington
* KSBA/KDE Coordinated School Health Conference, June. 25, Marriott Griffin Gate, Lexington
* KSBA Summer Leadership Institute, July 13-14, Marriott Downtown, Louisville (a change of locations)