Do you understand student rights in school disciplinary situations? Learn the legal status of student rights at the KSBA Student Discipline Conference, Nov. 15 at the Embassy Suites in Lexington.
District and school building administrators need to understand student rights in disciplinary situations in case the district or the individual is sued. Courts expect school administrators to understand their responsibilities in regard to student rights in such situations. This conference will keep you from being caught off guard by providing information to address these serious issues.
Online registration is available now here http://www.ksba.org/protected/EventView.aspx?id=7YY0I320. Registration is $200 per person. The training is approved for EILA credit as well as KSBA Academy of Studies training for board members.
Hot topics on the agenda include:
· Pertinent court cases
· Special education and Section 504 issues
· A crosswalk on the school discipline code, board policy and related statutes
· The safe schools assessment and its role in school discipline
· An update on the KSBA Student Discipline Desk Reference.
Special guest presenter: Jon Akers; director, Kentucky Center for School Safety
· Teresa T. Combs, KSBA, director of Legal and Administrative Training Services
· John C. Fogle III, KSBA staff attorney
· Katrina Kinman, KSBA senior policy consultant and eMeeting program manager
Hotel information: Embassy Suites, 1801 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511, (859) 455-5000
For more information, contact Jolene Shearer [email protected] at 800-372-2962.