In song and film, the Beatles created the “Magical Mystery Tour.” Tonight in Webster County, KSBA embarks on its own travel show – the annual Fall Regional Meetings series – and this year’s tour is designed to remove some of the mystery about how school board members and superintendents feel about a variety of important issues.
The program for this year’s Fall Regional Meetings is all about gathering input from members. Using expanded instant polling technology, attendees will provide the board of directors and association staff with feedback on priorities for the association, its 2016 legislative program and future fall meeting programming.
Here is a sampling of what participants will be polled on:
* Should the General Assembly pass charter school legislation, limiting authorization to local boards?
* After adequately funding SEEK, what should the legislature’s next K-12 funding priorities be?
* Should local boards be given the option of adding a student to superintendent screening committees?
* Given a list of options, which service area should the KSBA Board of Directors make a top priority?
* At future regional meetings, would you prefer one topic per program or multiple topics?
* In selecting future regional meeting sites, what is the optimum travel time from your home to the site?
* What are the primary factors that prevent your colleagues from attending these meetings?
Regional chairpersons hosting meetings this month already have sent registration information to the involved boards. For meetings in October and November, invitations will be forthcoming. However, you can make your plans by visiting the online Fall Regional Meeting page here (click on the download).