The Kentucky School Boards Association advocacy efforts focus on the various committees, boards and organizations that relate to elementary and secondary education in the Commonwealth, including legislative committees, the Kentucky Board of Education and the state Department of Education. Areas of interest include:
- The responsibilities and duties of local boards of education.
- State support of education, including funding.
- Operation of school districts.
- Transition readiness.
- Pupil transportation.
- School property and buildings.
- Teachers' qualifications, certification and retirement.
- Technical education.
On the federal level, KSBA works with our congressional delegation and the U.S. Department of Education to advance student success and the federal investment in our schools.