The Kentucky School Boards Association and the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, Department for Energy Development and Independence, are pleased to announce the Inaugural Kentucky School Energy Summit.
KSBA through it's School Energy Managers Project, supports a statewide school energy management program. With over $123 million in cumulative savings in seven years, the strategies have shown success. ALL K-12 and post-secondary schools; public, private, in-state or out-of-state, are invited to participate in this learning opportunity and to network with energy professionals and peers. The Summit is designed to:
- Examine the energy and economic trends impacting schools;
- Showcase best practices for optimum energy efficiency impacting the bottom line;
- Examine future trends that are impacted by technological advances;
- Provide professional development for public or private, K-12 and post-secondary schools;
- Build partnerships with the school communities to support energy efficiency efforts.