Full-Time, Frankfort based Position (Telework options possible)
Full Employee Benefits Provided
The IT Support Specialist for KSBA is responsible for providing end-user IT support for approximately 30 association staff and assisting with the maintenance of the association’s enterprise IT environment. This position will also provide IT support as needed for association members who utilize the organization’s custom applications. The position provides superior customer service in keeping with organizational culture.
Position reports directly to the Technology Manager.
- In-person, phone, and/or remote support for all end-user IT devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, printers and A/V equipment.
- Support for various software packages such as Office 365, Sage 50, Zoom, and others.
- Supports both internal and external users of custom software applications developed by KSBA.
- Administers anti-virus, 3rd party software, and Windows updates on all user workstations.
- Provides A/V support at conferences which requires occasional over-night travel (estimate 4-5 nights per year).
- In conjunction with the Technology Manager, assists with the support and maintenance of the enterprise IT network.
- Helps maintain an accurate inventory of all IT assets.
The IT Support Specialist cultivates goodwill and uses diplomacy, teamwork and effective interaction skills necessary to gain and retain the respect of staff, industry colleagues, vendors, membership and other education professionals. The position will perform all other job-related duties as assigned by the Technology Manager. From time to time, KSBA employees are required to assist other units as part of their regular job duties.
Associate’s Degree in Information Technology-related field and two years of relative technical support experience in a professional IT environment are required. (An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered). Other qualification include:
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with computer hardware support.
- Familiarity with Active Directory.
- Technical certifications are a plus – Microsoft, A+, Network+, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive/personal information with discretion.
- Ability to present facts/recommendations effectively in oral/written form.
- Professional demeanor and conduct.
Interested individuals may submit a cover letter, resume, current references with email addresses, and salary history/requirements to:
Jenna Malcolm, Human Resources Consultant
Kentucky School Boards Association
260 Democrat Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Filing Deadline: 7/30/21
KSBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer