Q: How much can an overlooked or mishandled unemployment claim cost your district?
A: As much as $16,276!
Properly handling unemployment claims, staying abreast of Kentucky’s unemployment regulations and preparing for adjudicated hearings requires special knowledge and experience. That is why 169 districts and three educational cooperatives in Kentucky rely on the KSBA Unemployment Program to assist them in dealing with these issues. KSBA will assist your district in responding to initial claims, protesting unfavorable determinations and preparing for appeals if necessary.
This KSBA service is managed by professionals with more than 25 years of combined experience in claims management and quarterly wage reporting. Whether this involves ensuring that benefits paid do not exceed awarded amounts, a protest of termination or a negative state agency determination, our Unemployment Benefit Program will get the best answers and options for participating districts. And that includes access to KSBA’s staff attorneys well-versed in school personnel issues.
Other benefits of the program include:
- Districts pay based upon only their claims.
- Refunds of contributions not required to cover claims and administrative expenses.
- Separate unemployment fund, audited annually with individual district/entity accounts.
- Neutral, third-party review of what constitutes an eligible claim.
- Quarterly analysis of claims.
- Quarterly payroll data reviews.
- Ongoing claims tracking to monitor eligibility.
- Investments managed by an independent investment adviser.