(Oct. 6, 2021) KSBA is seeking interested candidates to fill four director-at-large seats on our board of directors for a three-year term. Members of the KSBA Board of Directors focus their efforts on the shared interests of all Kentucky’s local public school districts as well as the health and relevancy of the association.
Director-at-large application process
The four director-at-large seats are currently occupied by:
- Sheila Wicker, Russell County, who is completing her eligibility.
- Kim Fender, Campbell County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
- Vanessa Lucas, Breckinridge County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
- Stephanie Spires, Fayette County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
In keeping with the association’s bylaws,
- Any Kentucky school board member in good standing may place his or her name before KSBA’s Selection Committee by completing and submitting the online application by Nov. 1. The committee will make selections based on application information. The online application form for director-at-large offices may be accessed via the button below.
- No local board member would be eligible for election to the board of directors for a term simultaneous with that of another member of the same local board already serving on the KSBA board.
- A candidate for the office of director-at-large must be eligible to serve in that post at the time of his/her application.
- The committee will report back to the membership with its selections in January. The selections shall also be submitted to the membership for ratification at the KSBA annual business meeting on Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022.
Applicants for director-at-large will be interviewed by the committee. If you have any questions about the selection process or about service on KSBA's board of directors contact Beth Pritchett