(Updated Oct. 2, 2020) KSBA is seeking nominees to fill four director-at-large seats on our board of directors for a three-year term and the president-elect seat for a two-year term. Ratification of the committee’s selections will take place during the KSBA annual conference business session Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 in Louisville.
Director-at-large nomination process
The four director-at-large seats are currently occupied by:
Karen Byrd, Boone County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
Kerry Dilley, Barren County, who is completing his eligibility.
Rhonda Hardy, Estill County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
Venita Murphy, Webster County, who is eligible to serve a three-year term.
In keeping with the association’s bylaws,
- Any Kentucky school board member in good standing may place his or her name before the committee by completing and submitting a nomination form by Oct. 30, 2020. The form for director-at-large offices may also be requested by contacting Beth Pritchett via email or 502-783-0063. The form may be returned via mail, fax or email per the instructions on the form. The committee will make its selections based on the information in the nomination form.
- No member of the association board of directors may be simultaneously a candidate for more than one office in the same election.
- No local board member would be eligible for election to the board of directors for a term simultaneous with that of another member of the same local board already serving on the KSBA board.
- A candidate for the office of director-at-large must be eligible to serve in that post at the time the candidate places her or his name in nomination.
- The committee will report back to the membership with its selections in January. The selections shall also be submitted to the membership for ratification at the KSBA annual business meeting on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021.