Position: Executive Director of the Education Professional Standards Board
Position Description: The Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) seeks a qualified individual to provide strong leadership to the Education Professional Standards Board and to work with a 17-member board to propose and implement policies consistent with the mission, vision and statutory responsibilities of the EPSB. A well-qualified candidate will possess a minimum of a Masters’ degree in education or related field and have demonstrated managerial experience and familiarity with P-12 and higher education.
Duties of the position include:
- Oversight of a performance-based system for preparation and certification of education professionals, including implementation of continuous process improvement strategies;
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the agency, including supervision of staff and development of the agency budget;
- Oversee the development and promulgation of regulations and policies in support of the board’s responsibilities;
- Develop board meeting agendas and ensure materials are relevant, current and representative of current best-practices;
- Maintain productive and positive relationships with staff, board members and stake holders;
- Ensure the board’s actions and initiatives are communicated effectively and accurately to the education profession, the legislature, state and national agencies and organizations, the media, and the general public;
- Represent the work of the board to national organizations and at national meetings.
Agency Description: The Education Professional Standards Board is charged with establishing standards and requirements for educator preparation programs, and for establishing the requirements for obtaining and maintaining a teaching certificate in Kentucky. The Board reviews and evaluates standards set by college, university and school district programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel to ensure the standards reflect national standards and include specific elements outlined in state statute. The Board further has the authority and responsibility to issue, renew, revoke, suspend or refuse to issue or renew a certificate and to impose probationary or supervisory conditions, issue a reprimand or admonishment, or any combination of actions regarding any certificate.
Education: Master’s degree in education or a related field. Terminal degree and/or Kentucky Rank I status preferred.)
Experience: Managerial experience and familiarity with P-12 and higher education.
Special Requirements: Understanding of trends and issues related to preparation and certification of education professionals; applied understanding of administrative, management and budget techniques; ability to develop and implement short-and long-term strategic plans.
Additional Requirements: Applicants and employees may be required to submit to a drug screening test and a background check.
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
Range: $125,000.00 - $138,000.00
Plus: full state benefits, including annual leave, sick leave, paid holidays, state group health insurance, participation in Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System.
Work Location: Position is located in Franklin County, Kentucky, at:
100 Airport Road
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
To Apply: Create a profile and complete a state application at Kentucky Career Opportunities Portal Submit a letter of interest, resume, and a copy of the completed state application to: Beth Steinle, Beth.Steinle@ky.gov . A cover letter and resume may also be attached to your candidate profile in the Kentucky Career Opportunities System at the above link.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and a copy of the completed state application to: Contact name/email. A cover letter and resume may also be attached to your candidate profile in the Kentucky Career Opportunities System at the above link.
Deadline for Application: June 30, 2015
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D