Time to Shine! Districts invited to submit communications products for KSBA OASIS program
Did your school district have a special event that knocked the socks off parents and community partners this year?
Did you resdesign or launch a new website that is sharing information about your schools and students?
Does your monthly newsletter keep staff, students and others ahead of the game about upcoming events?
Are you proud of any other type of communications product or program that should be shared with other educational professionals across the state?
If you can answer “Yes” to any of these questions, the 2011 OASIS school communications professional development program is the place for your district to shine.
Co-sponspored for the 15th year by KSBA and the Kentucky School Public Relations Association, OASIS (Outstanding Achievement in School Information Services) is open to all Kentucky public school districts with at least one KYSPRA member. Panels of professionals will judge all entries and top-scoring nominations will receive recognition at the annual KYSPRA Professional Development Conference in September in Lexington.
Four districts will be honored with the KSBA OASIS Sweeptakes Award for overall excellence in their total communications program, with the presentation at the local school board meeting in each district.
The 2011 OASIS program will accept submissions in the following categories:
1. Annual reports/district report cards
4. Internal publications
5. External publications – One to two colors
6. External publications – Full color
7. Tabloid (newsprint) publications
8. One-time publications – (any nonrecurring publication)
9. Miscellaneous printed materials (not covered by other categories)
10. Feature article (published in district publication or online)
11. Feature release (for news media use)
12. News article (published in district publication or online)
13. News release (for news media use)
14. Commentary writing
15. Publication writing
16. Writing for the Web
17. Feature photography
18. News/sports photography
19. Photo essays
20. Videos – Program-length programs produced for broadcast or cable
21. Videos – In-school programs and training videos produced for in-house use
22. Videos – PSAs and short subject informational videos for broadcast/cable
23. Annual reports or district report cards
24. Internet websites
25. Electronic newsletter
26. Miscellaneous electronic communications product/program (not covered by other categories)
27. Special events (single or series of events)
28. Community engagement programs (single product or multi-element program)
29. Academic achievement promotions (single product or multi-element program)
30. Miscellaneous public awareness programs (not covered by other categories)
Entries must be received by May 31 at KSBA offices in Frankfort. All of the details are available by clicking on the attached PDF Call for Entries form.
For more information, contact Brad Hughes email@example.com at 800-372-2962, ext. 1208.
Attachments Available to Download: