The Let's Move in School – Superintendents and School Boards Toolkit is designed to assess the level of physical education/activity currently provided by the school district.
Superintendents and school board members are encouraged to use the toolkit to create awareness of the benefits of a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP) and offers steps to increase physical education/activity in your district. The ultimate goal is to ensure that students participate in 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily, are fully physically educated, and well-equipped for a lifetime of physical activity.
The toolkit includes: CSPAP Inventory, Goal Setting document, model policy document, and a modifiable PowerPoint presentation.
Once the current CSPAP status is assessed using the CSPAP Inventory, districts are encouraged to utilize the Goal Setting document to improve their CSPAP. A model policy is also provided for comparison with current policy and for setting goals for improvement in future policy.
This toolkit is intended to be used by members of the school board, superintendent's office, and/or other school district level staff. You may want to consult the district-level physical education coordinator and/or wellness policy committee for assistance.
How to Use the Toolkit:
1. Read background information on Let's Move in School and CSPAP. This information will provide you with a framework to guide you when completing the CSPAP Inventory.
2. Complete the Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program Inventory – School District.
* Answer "yes" or "no" to all questions to the best of your ability. "Yes" is the desirable answer for all questions.
* Include any relevant information in the "Notes" column. For example, if a policy is in the process of being written or implemented please include that information.
3. Complete the Goal Setting document to analyze the CSPAP Inventory results and set goals for improvement. Utilize the model policy document as a reference to set your goals.
4. Present the results of the CSPAP Inventory and future plans for improvement at a school board meeting, on your district website, and/or at district staff meetings using the modifiable PowerPoint presentation.
To access the toolkit, click here http://www.aahperd.org/letsmoveinschool/tools/superintendent_school-board_toolkit.cfm?utm_source=MagnetMailfirstname.lastname@example.org&utm_content=LMIS%20Broadcast%20Email%20January&utm_campaign=January%20News%20from%20Let's%20Move%20in%20School.