School Law Resources is an electronically searchable, Web-based service offered by the KSBA Legal Services staff.
The most recently-updated lineup of services featured includes:
Administrative Regulations (KAR)
· An electronic monthly report of new and/or emergency regulations and amendments
· An index of all current education-related regulations
· A search feature for education-related Kentucky regulations
Annual Topical Index of New Kentucky Legislation
· Subscribers will receive a specialized, detailed topical index of new legislation of importance to public schools.
Analysis of Kentucky Opinions of the Attorney General (OAGs)
· KSBA attorneys have reviewed and summarized the important points of education-related decisions, saving school leaders time in searching through hundreds of opinions to find guidance on important questions. Opinions are updated quarterly during the year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Legal Issues
· The service includes answers to FAQs in a variety of areas, including nepotism, the Kentucky Open Meetings Act and teacher tenure, among other categories.
· These bulletins include legal implementation information about timely issues in Kentucky school districts and can be a valuable guide to basic legal background on school law issues.
The service is priced at $200 a year, and entitles 20 district-based employees and/or board members to access these resources. For more information or to sign up, please contact Shannon Robinson email@example.com or 1-800-372-2962.