Proposals are being solicited for high-quality breakout sessions that focus on topics of critical interest to school board teams that will help them govern and act effectively. Session are 75 minutes and will be held on Saturday, July 9.
The purpose of these sessions is for presenters to share their experience, information, knowledge or research about successful programs in their district or to discuss topics of critical importance to board members and education leaders. Lecture portions should be interspersed with ample time for audience questions and participation.
Priority will be given to proposals that reflect these criteria:
* MUST relate to local school board team roles, responsibilities and perspectives.
* Reflect the core work, actions and styles of effective school boards.
* Identify what participants will know and be able to do after attending the session.
* Support the topic with appropriate research.
* Provide clear intent, description, design and learning objectives for the session.
* Include participant interaction such as learning activities and skill-building exercises.
* Demonstrate innovation and creativity in presentation content.
Preference will be given to proposals that include the involvement of at least one school board member.
All presenters must submit a registration form for the conference by or upon acceptance of the proposal. (The conference registration fee will be waived for one presenter per session and is non-transferrable. Fees for meals and pre-conference sessions apply).
Presenters contribute their services in a volunteer capacity. They are responsible for providing materials. KSBA will duplicate handouts if a photo-ready master is provided by June 30. KSBA will provide an LCD projector and screen package upon request. Laptop computers, remotes, sound patches and internet connections are not available through the conference – presenters should plan to bring their own or make payment arrangements directly with the hotel.
The deadline for submission is May 11. Please complete and sign the proposal form (click here) and return to the attention of: Kerri Schelling, 260 Democrat Drive, Frankfort, KY 40601 Fax: 502-783-1456
The lead presenter will be notified of selection status by email no later than May 18.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Kerri Schelling at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammie Conatser at email@example.com.